Paul Walker's daughter is taking his death 'really tough,' actor's dad says
- Photo: Andre Penner/AP1 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: @tyrese/Instagram5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA9 of 16
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Andre Penner/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Coty Prestige/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Dana/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
One of the saddest things about Paul Walker's sudden death at age 40 on Nov. 30, is who he left behind: Meadow, his 15-year-old daughter. The actor's only child with ex-girlfriend Rebecca McBrain had recently moved to Los Angeles to live with her famous father and is understandably distraught over his tragic passing.
"Meadow is taking it really tough," the "Fast & Furious" star's dad, Paul Walker III, told reporters on Dec. 2. "[But] she has family around her and some very, very loving friends. They're all close. There's a lot of hugging, a lot of hand-holding."
"[It's] really tough. ... It's hard," Walker Sr. said of how the rest of the family is coping. "Every now and then I'll really break down. Talking really seems to help. Remembrances, talking about him. ... There's just such a tremendous amount of stories."
Indeed, in the days since the actor died in a fiery car crash in Santa Clarita, Calif., his friends and co-stars have flooded the Internet with fond memories of the blue-eyed "Hours" star. And all of them portray Walker as a generous, caring man who loved his daughter.
"He had a way when he talked to me that conveyed he loved me a great deal," his dad recalled. "I don't remember ever having an argument with my son. ... He was kind. He was really a kind person. And he wanted people to get along with each other. He didn't like to hear about situations where people were arguing and fighting. He wanted things to be as harmonious as possible."
Asked how the "She's All That" alum would want to be remembered by fans, Walker Sr. replied, "Visualize Paul standing on the beach with a surfboard in his arms, looking out to the ocean. I think he would like that image of himself...There was something that was very compelling about the ocean in his life, a thing that was very, very deep in his soul."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite