People magazine says Ryan Reynolds is sexiest man
- Photo: Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: MGM/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Patrick McMullan/The Rose Group/.5 of 8
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
NEW YORK (AP) -- Can life get much better for Ryan Reynolds? After all, he's married to Scarlett Johansson, who was recently named GQ's "Babe of the Year."
Oh, yes it can. People magazine has bestowed its "sexiest man alive" title on the 34-year-old actor.
Reynolds is about to star on-screen as the Green Lantern. The Canadian native told People: "The sexiest thing about Canadians is that there's an inherent ability to be self-deprecating. That has served me well in my career and personal life."
It's the 25th anniversary of People's first sexiest man — Mel Gibson. Others given the title include John F. Kennedy Jr., Harrison Ford and Richard Gere. George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp have won it twice.
RELATED: Ryan makes his "Sesame Street" debut
People announced its 2010 list on Wednesday, in which Reynolds beat out Jon Hamm and Will Smith for the top honor.
And tonight on ABC, Kim Kardashian hosts a special called "25 Years of Sexy," that looks back on the history of People's celebrated annual award.
On Wednesday's "Today" show, People correspondent Julie Jordan explained the magazine's decision, saying "Ryan, he definitely has a sense of self-deprecation; he looks amazing and he's married to the gorgeous Scarlett Johansson."
The Sexiest Man Alive issue of People is due out on Friday.
From Crowd Ignite