Pet Detectives Cost Kate Beckinsale $1,000
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: MUNAWAR HOSAIN/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:44:00 AM
- 'Captain America' Crushes Johnny Depp, Holds Off 'Heaven Is for Real&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:28:00 AM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"
Kate Beckinsale spent $1,000 to hire a pair of pet detectives to track down her missing cat, and all she got in return was an envelope full of excrement.
RELATED: Kate Beckinsale at Comic-Con
The actress was heartbroken when her pet, Wabbit, ran away, so she hired a professional team to scour the wilderness surrounding her Los Angeles home in a desperate bid to find her furry friend, but, the 38-year-old confesses, it turned out to be a waste of time and money.
During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday, she explained, "These two ... quite butch women showed up ... and they had on head-to-toe camo (camouflage) gear and I think some netting somewhere. They came in our house, and the first one, this larger one, said, 'Can I use your bathroom?' and then went to the bathroom for a long time and then completely blocked all the plumbing in our house. That was the first thing that happened before any pet detecting even took place."
The women then brought in their dogs to explore the house and sniff out the missing cat's scent, and quickly took off.
She continues, "They got in a van that has 'Pet Detective' written on the side in Sharpie or something. It was really lame. I was starting to lose confidence at this point, and they sort of disappeared for five, six hours and came back at nightfall, of course saying, 'No, sorry we didn't find anything, because you know they've been sitting in the van the whole time eating sandwiches and hadn't actually looked at all."
She continued, "(They) then handed me -- this is the worst bit -- a brown padded envelope that said 'Evidence' on it and then they let me open it up and inside there was just poo. It wasn't even cat poo. What they were trying to say was, 'We think a coyote ate your cat and if you'd like to have this poo analyzed -- for even more money -- to see if your cat is in the poo, you can. Isn't that horrible? So I was left with a bag of poo and a blocked toilet -- and no cat. ... It was nearly $1,000."
RELATED: Stars Wearing Winter Whites
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite