Pet Detectives Cost Kate Beckinsale $1,000
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: MUNAWAR HOSAIN/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper to Star in Legendary's 'Warcraft'MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:59:45 PM
- The Ultimate Year-End Trailer Mashup To End All Mashups (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:44:37 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: How India's Oscar Contender Rejected Bollywood on the Way to HollMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:10:37 PM
- A TV Bidding War for Tim Tebow?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:09:02 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: 11 Most Shocking Deaths on TVMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 2:51:18 PM
- Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper to Star in Legendary's 'Warcraft'
Kate Beckinsale spent $1,000 to hire a pair of pet detectives to track down her missing cat, and all she got in return was an envelope full of excrement.
RELATED: Kate Beckinsale at Comic-Con
The actress was heartbroken when her pet, Wabbit, ran away, so she hired a professional team to scour the wilderness surrounding her Los Angeles home in a desperate bid to find her furry friend, but, the 38-year-old confesses, it turned out to be a waste of time and money.
During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday, she explained, "These two ... quite butch women showed up ... and they had on head-to-toe camo (camouflage) gear and I think some netting somewhere. They came in our house, and the first one, this larger one, said, 'Can I use your bathroom?' and then went to the bathroom for a long time and then completely blocked all the plumbing in our house. That was the first thing that happened before any pet detecting even took place."
The women then brought in their dogs to explore the house and sniff out the missing cat's scent, and quickly took off.
She continues, "They got in a van that has 'Pet Detective' written on the side in Sharpie or something. It was really lame. I was starting to lose confidence at this point, and they sort of disappeared for five, six hours and came back at nightfall, of course saying, 'No, sorry we didn't find anything, because you know they've been sitting in the van the whole time eating sandwiches and hadn't actually looked at all."
She continued, "(They) then handed me -- this is the worst bit -- a brown padded envelope that said 'Evidence' on it and then they let me open it up and inside there was just poo. It wasn't even cat poo. What they were trying to say was, 'We think a coyote ate your cat and if you'd like to have this poo analyzed -- for even more money -- to see if your cat is in the poo, you can. Isn't that horrible? So I was left with a bag of poo and a blocked toilet -- and no cat. ... It was nearly $1,000."
RELATED: Stars Wearing Winter Whites
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite