Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce From Jennie Garth
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Fifteen days after announcing his split with Jennie Garth, "Twilight" actor Peter Facinelli filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, TMZ reports.
Citing "irreconcilable differences" as the cause of their breakup, Facinelli, 38, asked for joint physical and legal custody of daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.
According to court documents, the couple, who met on the set of "An Unfinished Affair" in 1996, officially separated on Jan. 1, 2012. Sources recently told Us Weekly the two had been living apart for some time. "It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider said of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend, "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
When the couple announced their split, they released a statement to Us vowing to remain amicable for the sake of their children: "We both share the same deep love and devotion to our children. We remain dedicated to raising our beautiful daughters together."
"Beverly Hills, 90210" alumna Garth, 39, stars in a new CMT reality show, "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," which premieres April 20.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite