Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce From Jennie Garth
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on TwitterMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:30:00 PM
- NBC's 'Constantine' Casts Mexican-American Star as ZedMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:24:00 PM
- Telenovela Star Angelica Celaya Cast as Zed on ConstantineMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:42:00 PM
- 'Real Housewives of NJ's' Dina Manzo on Haters: 'I Don'MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:24:00 PM
- The Mysteries of Laura Promises Drama, Comedy and ... Barf!MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on Twitter
Fifteen days after announcing his split with Jennie Garth, "Twilight" actor Peter Facinelli filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, TMZ reports.
Citing "irreconcilable differences" as the cause of their breakup, Facinelli, 38, asked for joint physical and legal custody of daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.
According to court documents, the couple, who met on the set of "An Unfinished Affair" in 1996, officially separated on Jan. 1, 2012. Sources recently told Us Weekly the two had been living apart for some time. "It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider said of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend, "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
When the couple announced their split, they released a statement to Us vowing to remain amicable for the sake of their children: "We both share the same deep love and devotion to our children. We remain dedicated to raising our beautiful daughters together."
"Beverly Hills, 90210" alumna Garth, 39, stars in a new CMT reality show, "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," which premieres April 20.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite