Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce From Jennie Garth
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Michael Wright, Programming Head for TBS and TNT, to ExitMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:41:00 PM
- NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Returning to Competition This WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Tracy Morgan Is "Having a Tough Time" Recuperating, Lawyer SaysMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:19:00 PM
- Johnny Knoxville Signs First Look Deal With ABC StudiosMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:11:00 PM
- 'Longmire' Canceled by A&EMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:58:00 PM
- Michael Wright, Programming Head for TBS and TNT, to Exit
Fifteen days after announcing his split with Jennie Garth, "Twilight" actor Peter Facinelli filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, TMZ reports.
Citing "irreconcilable differences" as the cause of their breakup, Facinelli, 38, asked for joint physical and legal custody of daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.
According to court documents, the couple, who met on the set of "An Unfinished Affair" in 1996, officially separated on Jan. 1, 2012. Sources recently told Us Weekly the two had been living apart for some time. "It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider said of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend, "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
When the couple announced their split, they released a statement to Us vowing to remain amicable for the sake of their children: "We both share the same deep love and devotion to our children. We remain dedicated to raising our beautiful daughters together."
"Beverly Hills, 90210" alumna Garth, 39, stars in a new CMT reality show, "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," which premieres April 20.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite