Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce From Jennie Garth
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Fifteen days after announcing his split with Jennie Garth, "Twilight" actor Peter Facinelli filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, TMZ reports.
Citing "irreconcilable differences" as the cause of their breakup, Facinelli, 38, asked for joint physical and legal custody of daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.
According to court documents, the couple, who met on the set of "An Unfinished Affair" in 1996, officially separated on Jan. 1, 2012. Sources recently told Us Weekly the two had been living apart for some time. "It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider said of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend, "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
When the couple announced their split, they released a statement to Us vowing to remain amicable for the sake of their children: "We both share the same deep love and devotion to our children. We remain dedicated to raising our beautiful daughters together."
"Beverly Hills, 90210" alumna Garth, 39, stars in a new CMT reality show, "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," which premieres April 20.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite