Peter Facinelli: Jennie Garth Divorce Has Been 'Very Painful'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks7 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Summit Entertainment/Promotional9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Exclusive: Fargo's Allison Tolman Checks Into The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Michael Wright, Programming Head for TBS and TNT, to ExitMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:41:00 PM
- NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Returning to Competition This WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' Pl
Peter Facinelli has piped up about his divorce from Jennie Garth.
Appearing as Kelly Ripa's guest co-host on "Live! With Kelly" Wednesday morning, the "Twilight Saga" star, 38, opened up about his recent split and divorce filing from Jennie Garth after almost two decades of marriage.
"It's very painful to break up with somebody, especially after you've been together for 17 years and have kids. I've tried to stay really quiet about it for the sake of my kids." Facinelli admitted.
Facinelli and "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum Garth, 40, met in 1996, wed in 2001 and share daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5. He filed for divorce March 28, 15 days after they announced their split.
But Facinelli said he and Garth "are doing really well. She'll always be in my life. I love her, we're just going to have a different relationship."
As the crowd applauded, he added, "We're very dedicated to being great parents."
"It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider told Us Weekly of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend: "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite