Peter Facinelli: Jennie Garth Divorce Has Been 'Very Painful'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks7 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Summit Entertainment/Promotional9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Peter Facinelli has piped up about his divorce from Jennie Garth.
Appearing as Kelly Ripa's guest co-host on "Live! With Kelly" Wednesday morning, the "Twilight Saga" star, 38, opened up about his recent split and divorce filing from Jennie Garth after almost two decades of marriage.
"It's very painful to break up with somebody, especially after you've been together for 17 years and have kids. I've tried to stay really quiet about it for the sake of my kids." Facinelli admitted.
Facinelli and "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum Garth, 40, met in 1996, wed in 2001 and share daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5. He filed for divorce March 28, 15 days after they announced their split.
But Facinelli said he and Garth "are doing really well. She'll always be in my life. I love her, we're just going to have a different relationship."
As the crowd applauded, he added, "We're very dedicated to being great parents."
"It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider told Us Weekly of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend: "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite