Peter Facinelli: Jennie Garth Divorce Has Been 'Very Painful'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks7 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Summit Entertainment/Promotional9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Peter Facinelli has piped up about his divorce from Jennie Garth.
Appearing as Kelly Ripa's guest co-host on "Live! With Kelly" Wednesday morning, the "Twilight Saga" star, 38, opened up about his recent split and divorce filing from Jennie Garth after almost two decades of marriage.
"It's very painful to break up with somebody, especially after you've been together for 17 years and have kids. I've tried to stay really quiet about it for the sake of my kids." Facinelli admitted.
Facinelli and "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum Garth, 40, met in 1996, wed in 2001 and share daughters Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5. He filed for divorce March 28, 15 days after they announced their split.
But Facinelli said he and Garth "are doing really well. She'll always be in my life. I love her, we're just going to have a different relationship."
As the crowd applauded, he added, "We're very dedicated to being great parents."
"It's been over for months, maybe even a year," one insider told Us Weekly of the couple. "They kept up some sort of charade for their kids."
Said another friend: "They've been working on the marriage for a while. It was not something they took lightly."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite