- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures1 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
Jada Pinkett Smith has defended her decision to let her two children start their show business careers at such a young age, insisting they don't shoulder the same burdens as other pre-teen stars because they have no financial pressures.
Jada and her husband Will Smith's son Jaden, 12, already has a movie career, having starred in last year's remake of "The Karate Kid," while his 10-year-old sister, Willow, has launched herself as a singer and is currently on tour with Justin Bieber.
The Smiths have come under scrutiny for letting their young children enter the spotlight, with author Terry McMillan even accusing them of "exploiting" and "pimping" out their kids.
RELATED: Blind Item P.I.: Celeb Pushover Mom
But Pinkett Smith has brushed off the criticism and she is adamant her son and daughter remain "grounded."
She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "This isn't about fame or money. They were still going to have their trials because of who their parents are. As much as I wish I could figure out a way I could protect my children, they have their destiny. I'm not going to put brakes on that out of fear.
"Our children are allowed to stay in the paradigm of being a child. They don't have to take care of their families: become the complete emotional, physical and financial focus that happens to many child stars. Our family structure is a little different and it's quite hard to comprehend because it's so outside what usually happens in a family, but the paradigm is the same. You have mother. You have father. Father is protective. Mother is the teacher."
"Most of the time with child stars, the child has all the responsibilities and the mother and father don't understand what's actually happening to them, so the child can trust no one ... But with us the paradigm stays the same because the child can still be the child with an extraordinary gift. It is something to manage. I will not overlook that. I have a 10-year-old who can stand up in front of an audience of 17,000 and rock the house. I have to keep her grounded."
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite