Freida Pinto goes unrecognized in Indian slums
- Photo: James Higgins/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton Comedy 'Ruth & Alex' Lands at Focus WorldMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Google, NewsCorp Slapped With Lawsuit Over MySpace SaleMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:17:00 PM
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' JonatMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Selfie-Snapping Doctor Revealed as Throat Specialist to the Stars (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Iggy Azalea Sues Her Ex-Boyfriend for Alleged Song Theft, ForgeryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton Comedy 'Ruth & Alex' Lands at Focus World
Actress Freida Pinto was left stunned on a recent charity visit to Mumbai's slums because nobody recognized her.
The star was thrust into the spotlight following the success of 2008's "Slumdog Millionaire" and she's since used her fame to raise awareness of the poor living conditions of many in the Indian city, where she hails from.
She embarked on a trip to the rundown areas with a nongovernmental organization recently, but none of the residents recognized her from the movie, surrounding her boyfriend and co-star Dev Patel instead.
RELATED: See more pics of Freida Pinto
Pinto tells Britain's Sunday Times Magazine, "People in the city recognize me as the girl from 'Slumdog Millionaire,' and inevitably they stare. But when I visited the slums with an NGO, nobody recognized me at all. I didn't mind. As for Dev, they hounded him, calling him 'crorepati,' which means millionaire."
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite