'Pippi Longstocking' Star Tami Erin Arrested for Alleged Assault
- Photo: FS2/ FayesVision/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Nick Ut/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: GSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 4
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Another redheaded former child star is in some trouble with the law. Tami Erin, the actress who played the title role in 1988's "The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking," was arrested for allegedly assaulting her roommate on Thursday, TMZ reports.
Now 38, Erin was placed under citizen's arrest following a loud altercation with her male roommate in her Walnut Creek, Calif., home. According to TMZ, the roommate cried out for help during the fight, prompting the neighbor to intervene. Erin was eventually booked by local police and released, with the district attorney set to review the case. No visible injuries were noted on the alleged victim.
A child model and actress, Erin beat out over 8,000 hopefuls to win the role, at age 11, of pig-tailed, mischievous children's book character Pippi Longstocking in the late '80s remake, signing multiple endorsement deals related to the film.
The one-time UNICEF Ambassador's most recent credits include an appearance on "Tim and Eric Awesome Show," "Great Job! Chrimbus Special" and a role in the 2010 film "Disconnect."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite