Roman Polanski laments leveling of sexes as 'idiotic'
- Photo: FVA/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: NPA/News Pictures/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: Michel Euler/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- When Activists Make Movies: The Nuclear Arms Race is Relevant Again With 'Fallout'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:03:17 PM
- Fox Shifts 'Dawn of Planet of Apes' Release to 'Fast and Furious 7 Date iMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:02:39 PM
- 'Family Stone' Director Tom Bezucha to Write Sumo Wrestling Comedy for Paramount (MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:01:25 PM
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:44:54 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Second Night Draws Steady RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:31:40 AM
- When Activists Make Movies: The Nuclear Arms Race is Relevant Again With 'Fallout'
CANNES, France (AP) — Roman Polanski says the birth control pill has had a "masculinizing" effect on women.
RELATED: 2013 Cannes Film Festival
The director said the pill has "changed the place of women in our times," while talking to reporters Saturday at the Cannes Film Festival. He was there to premiere his film "Venus in Fur," adapted from the David Ives play.
Polanski said the leveling of the sexes is "idiotic" and lamented that "offering flowers to a lady" has become "indecent."
RELATED: Older men and their younger ladies
The film stars Polanski's wife, Emmanuelle Seigner, and Mathieu Amalric as an actress and theater director rehearsing an adaptation of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch's 1870 novella, "Venus in Furs."
The film plays with gender roles, and features Seigner as a strong, feminine actress who comes to dominate her director.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Gretchen Rossi chats about her new swimwear line, her engagement and the infamous BFF bracelet with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite