Prowler at Cruise's home turns out to be neighbor
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Warner Bros.4 of 18
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN7 of 18
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.8 of 18
- Photo: Sean Thorton/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: Shuji Kajiyama/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: LTB/VMAB/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA16 of 18
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:46:00 AM
- Ask Matt: Emmys, Longmire, Summer TV (Leftovers, Outlander, Strain),Doctor WhoMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:30:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault in DC, sentenced to time servedMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:29:19 AM
- Chris Brown back in DC court for plea hearingMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:04:00 AM
- Hey, New York Times 'Vows' Section: Who Cares If 'The Bride is Keeping HeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:40:00 PM
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Police say a security guard at actor Tom Cruise's house used a stun gun on a would-be prowler, but the man turned out to be an intoxicated neighbor who may have mistakenly entered the property.
Lt. Lincoln Hoshino says the confrontation occurred at Cruise's Beverly Hills residence about 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday when the actor and his family weren't home.
The guard saw a man "climbing a fence to gain access to the property" and he used the stun gun to detain him for police.
RELATED: Celebrity Neighbors
The officer says the man was identified as a 41-year-old neighbor who lives in an adjacent property, and was intoxicated at the time.
The man was taken into custody for trespassing and treated at a hospital for any problems stemming from the stun gun.
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
January Jones, Paris Hilton, and Toni Collette all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite