Queen Latifah: I Didn't Come Out at Gay Pride Festival
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: JLN Photography/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: SDan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Queen Latifah has dismissed a fresh wave of speculation about her sexuality after performing at a gay pride event in California.
Latifah, who has often been dogged by rumors suggesting she's a lesbian, headlined the Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival in Long Beach last month and many blogs and media outlets took that as a sign she was finally 'coming out'.
But Latifah has since brushed off the claim, insisting her appearance was misconstrued.
RELATED: Most Loyal Celebs
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "That definitely wasn't the case. I've never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It's just not gonna happen."
And Latifah reveals showing her support to the gay community is nothing new: "To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things. My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year's Eve in San Francisco. Tupac (Shakur) happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early '90s. And the boys were like, 'Take your shirt off, Tupac!' He wasn't doing that. But we had a blast in there."
RELATED: Jane Lynch: I Didn't Want to Be Gay
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite