Queen Latifah: I Didn't Come Out at Gay Pride Festival
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: JLN Photography/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: SDan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Queen Latifah has dismissed a fresh wave of speculation about her sexuality after performing at a gay pride event in California.
Latifah, who has often been dogged by rumors suggesting she's a lesbian, headlined the Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival in Long Beach last month and many blogs and media outlets took that as a sign she was finally 'coming out'.
But Latifah has since brushed off the claim, insisting her appearance was misconstrued.
RELATED: Most Loyal Celebs
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "That definitely wasn't the case. I've never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It's just not gonna happen."
And Latifah reveals showing her support to the gay community is nothing new: "To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things. My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year's Eve in San Francisco. Tupac (Shakur) happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early '90s. And the boys were like, 'Take your shirt off, Tupac!' He wasn't doing that. But we had a blast in there."
RELATED: Jane Lynch: I Didn't Want to Be Gay
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite