Queen Latifah: I Didn't Come Out at Gay Pride Festival
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: JLN Photography/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: SDan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Inks Deal With HBOMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:59:02 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight Lineup
Queen Latifah has dismissed a fresh wave of speculation about her sexuality after performing at a gay pride event in California.
Latifah, who has often been dogged by rumors suggesting she's a lesbian, headlined the Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival in Long Beach last month and many blogs and media outlets took that as a sign she was finally 'coming out'.
But Latifah has since brushed off the claim, insisting her appearance was misconstrued.
RELATED: Most Loyal Celebs
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "That definitely wasn't the case. I've never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It's just not gonna happen."
And Latifah reveals showing her support to the gay community is nothing new: "To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things. My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year's Eve in San Francisco. Tupac (Shakur) happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early '90s. And the boys were like, 'Take your shirt off, Tupac!' He wasn't doing that. But we had a blast in there."
RELATED: Jane Lynch: I Didn't Want to Be Gay
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Gretchen Rossi chats about her new swimwear line, her engagement and the infamous BFF bracelet with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite