Queen Latifah: I Didn't Come Out at Gay Pride Festival
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: JLN Photography/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: SDan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Queen Latifah has dismissed a fresh wave of speculation about her sexuality after performing at a gay pride event in California.
Latifah, who has often been dogged by rumors suggesting she's a lesbian, headlined the Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival in Long Beach last month and many blogs and media outlets took that as a sign she was finally 'coming out'.
But Latifah has since brushed off the claim, insisting her appearance was misconstrued.
RELATED: Most Loyal Celebs
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "That definitely wasn't the case. I've never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It's just not gonna happen."
And Latifah reveals showing her support to the gay community is nothing new: "To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things. My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year's Eve in San Francisco. Tupac (Shakur) happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early '90s. And the boys were like, 'Take your shirt off, Tupac!' He wasn't doing that. But we had a blast in there."
RELATED: Jane Lynch: I Didn't Want to Be Gay
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite