Queen Latifah Talks Adoption
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com13 of 16
- Photo: Parade14 of 16
- Photo: Parade15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Mark Ruffalo Tweets Pics From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Set (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:39:00 AM
- Ratings: 'The Voice' Hits Low, But Still Tops Night for NBCMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:28:00 AM
- Chris Christie Won't Miss David Letterman's 'Fat Jokes,' Can&MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:05:00 AM
- Grey's Anatomy Exclusive First Look: Grey Sloan Inundated After Possible Terrorist AttackMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:00:00 AM
- HBO Co-Producing J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy' Miniseries With BBCMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Mark Ruffalo Tweets Pics From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Set (Photos)
By Chris Gardner
Queen Latifah's new movie "Joyful Noise" casts her as a strict single mother of two teenagers, which can be seen as a bit of a stretch for the kids-less Latifah.
But then again, maybe not.
"I would like to [adopt]. Why not?" Latifah responded to "Access Hollywood" when asked about her plans for a family. "You know, why not?"
It's a good enough answer for us. But it's not the only reply Latifah has delivered on the subject.
Last year, she gave More magazine a much more definitive explanation when the subject of being a mom came up. "I'm definitely going to adopt -- or have -- a child. I've wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18-years-old," she said.
No word yet on the timeline of Latifah's planned adoption. She did, however, provide more insight on the kind of mother she would be, comparing her nurturing skills to those of her character in "Joyful Noise."
"I would be like Vi Rose in a lot of ways. My kids would be raised properly," said Latifah, who rarely discusses the details of her personal life. "They would be raised with values and morals and God, but I don't think I would be like Vi Rose in the other ways. I would probably allow them to be themselves a little more and explore their gifts and their talents. I'd try to be more like my mom."
"Joyful Noise," an uplifting film about a choir competition starring Latifah alongside Dolly Parton, hits theaters on Jan. 13.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite