Queen Latifah Talks Adoption
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com13 of 16
- Photo: Parade14 of 16
- Photo: Parade15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
By Chris Gardner
Queen Latifah's new movie "Joyful Noise" casts her as a strict single mother of two teenagers, which can be seen as a bit of a stretch for the kids-less Latifah.
But then again, maybe not.
"I would like to [adopt]. Why not?" Latifah responded to "Access Hollywood" when asked about her plans for a family. "You know, why not?"
It's a good enough answer for us. But it's not the only reply Latifah has delivered on the subject.
Last year, she gave More magazine a much more definitive explanation when the subject of being a mom came up. "I'm definitely going to adopt -- or have -- a child. I've wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18-years-old," she said.
No word yet on the timeline of Latifah's planned adoption. She did, however, provide more insight on the kind of mother she would be, comparing her nurturing skills to those of her character in "Joyful Noise."
"I would be like Vi Rose in a lot of ways. My kids would be raised properly," said Latifah, who rarely discusses the details of her personal life. "They would be raised with values and morals and God, but I don't think I would be like Vi Rose in the other ways. I would probably allow them to be themselves a little more and explore their gifts and their talents. I'd try to be more like my mom."
"Joyful Noise," an uplifting film about a choir competition starring Latifah alongside Dolly Parton, hits theaters on Jan. 13.
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite