Queen Latifah Talks Adoption
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com13 of 16
- Photo: Parade14 of 16
- Photo: Parade15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
By Chris Gardner
Queen Latifah's new movie "Joyful Noise" casts her as a strict single mother of two teenagers, which can be seen as a bit of a stretch for the kids-less Latifah.
But then again, maybe not.
"I would like to [adopt]. Why not?" Latifah responded to "Access Hollywood" when asked about her plans for a family. "You know, why not?"
It's a good enough answer for us. But it's not the only reply Latifah has delivered on the subject.
Last year, she gave More magazine a much more definitive explanation when the subject of being a mom came up. "I'm definitely going to adopt -- or have -- a child. I've wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18-years-old," she said.
No word yet on the timeline of Latifah's planned adoption. She did, however, provide more insight on the kind of mother she would be, comparing her nurturing skills to those of her character in "Joyful Noise."
"I would be like Vi Rose in a lot of ways. My kids would be raised properly," said Latifah, who rarely discusses the details of her personal life. "They would be raised with values and morals and God, but I don't think I would be like Vi Rose in the other ways. I would probably allow them to be themselves a little more and explore their gifts and their talents. I'd try to be more like my mom."
"Joyful Noise," an uplifting film about a choir competition starring Latifah alongside Dolly Parton, hits theaters on Jan. 13.
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite