Queen Latifah Talks Adoption
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com13 of 16
- Photo: Parade14 of 16
- Photo: Parade15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
Queen Latifah's new movie "Joyful Noise" casts her as a strict single mother of two teenagers, which can be seen as a bit of a stretch for the kids-less Latifah.
But then again, maybe not.
"I would like to [adopt]. Why not?" Latifah responded to "Access Hollywood" when asked about her plans for a family. "You know, why not?"
It's a good enough answer for us. But it's not the only reply Latifah has delivered on the subject.
Last year, she gave More magazine a much more definitive explanation when the subject of being a mom came up. "I'm definitely going to adopt -- or have -- a child. I've wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18-years-old," she said.
No word yet on the timeline of Latifah's planned adoption. She did, however, provide more insight on the kind of mother she would be, comparing her nurturing skills to those of her character in "Joyful Noise."
"I would be like Vi Rose in a lot of ways. My kids would be raised properly," said Latifah, who rarely discusses the details of her personal life. "They would be raised with values and morals and God, but I don't think I would be like Vi Rose in the other ways. I would probably allow them to be themselves a little more and explore their gifts and their talents. I'd try to be more like my mom."
"Joyful Noise," an uplifting film about a choir competition starring Latifah alongside Dolly Parton, hits theaters on Jan. 13.
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite