Rachel Weisz took U.S. citizenship over green card fears
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: L'Oreal/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: SL ALFAQUI/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: Sean Thorton/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/Lucky Magazine/.10 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/Lucky Magazine/.11 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/Lucky Magazine/.12 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/Lucky Magazine/.13 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
Actress Rachel Weisz decided to become an American citizen over fears she would lose her green card if she returned to live in her native England.
RELATED: Celebs with dual citizenships
"The Mummy" star had lived and worked in the U.S. for several years before she opted to become a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2011.
RELATED: Stars and their retro doppleganger
Weisz now admits she applied for citizenship to ensure she would not be stripped of her permanent residence status if she decided to move back to Britain.
She tells Britain's Stylist magazine, "I did it because I thought I would go back to England for a while and lose my green card. I'm not going back now but being a citizen means I can vote here which is exciting, not just being an outsider."
Weisz also loves the warm welcome she receives as a fully-fledged citizen at the U.S. border.
She adds, "When I come back into the country now and they stamp my passport they say 'Welcome home, Ma'am.' I think that's a lovely formality. No one in England would say that, would they?"
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite