- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures4 of 6
- Photo: Dave/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
By Kat Giantis
For right now at least, the dreamy-eyed, nonthreatening star, 23, remains in the shallow end, with E! Online reporting that he's been getting "chummy" with Taylor Schilling, his co-star in the currently filming romantic drama "The Lucky One."
Sources claim Zac is "leaning" on the 26-year-old actress as he works through the split, although nothing romantic is said to be happening at the moment.
RELATED: The year in hookups and breakups
"They joke around, eat together sometimes, run lines," relays an insider. "Nothing out of the ordinary."
But given how often co-stars hook up, E! wonders whether being "good friends" could soon lead to something more.
In response to the romance rumblings, Efron's rep tells Wonderwall, "They worked on a movie together. That's all."
Following the actor's parting of ways with Hudgens, a spy told Us Weekly that he was eager to sow an oat or two.
"He wants to put his whole 'High School Musical' past behind him and be known as a sexy solo actor like Leonardo DiCaprio," said the source. "He was ready to experience life as a single man."
The erstwhile Troy and Gabriella have reportedly remained close following the breakup, and the starlet put a positive spin on things while celebrating her 22nd birthday in Las Vegas last weekend.
When asked about Zac, Vanessa gave reporters a thumbs-up and responded, "We're good."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite