Robert Redford creates ecology program with California college
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: DENNIS COOK/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital6 of 10
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- American Idol's Emily Piriz: The Judges "Have Been a Little Harder On Us This YearMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Oprah's Harpo Films to Adapt Book Club Selection 'The Invention of Wings'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:53:00 AM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising Drive
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A California college is teaming up with Robert Redford to create a program where students can combine environmental studies with media and liberal arts.
RELATED: Foxy over 50
The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that Pitzer College, one of the seven Claremont Colleges, is creating the Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability with a $10 million gift from Nicholas and Susan Pritzker, parents of a Pitzer graduate who support environmental causes.
Redford is a trustee of the college and serves as its special adviser on the environment.
The program's aim is to create environmental communicators and advocates. Its centerpiece will be a 12-acre coastal sage scrub ecosystem, an endangered habitat where students can study problems and come up with solutions.
RELATED: Robert Redford: The entrepreneur
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite