Robert Redford creates ecology program with California college
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: DENNIS COOK/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital6 of 10
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Working on Their HoneymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A California college is teaming up with Robert Redford to create a program where students can combine environmental studies with media and liberal arts.
RELATED: Foxy over 50
The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that Pitzer College, one of the seven Claremont Colleges, is creating the Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability with a $10 million gift from Nicholas and Susan Pritzker, parents of a Pitzer graduate who support environmental causes.
Redford is a trustee of the college and serves as its special adviser on the environment.
The program's aim is to create environmental communicators and advocates. Its centerpiece will be a 12-acre coastal sage scrub ecosystem, an endangered habitat where students can study problems and come up with solutions.
RELATED: Robert Redford: The entrepreneur
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite