Robert Redford creates ecology program with California college
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: DENNIS COOK/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital6 of 10
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:47:30 AM
- New York Times Journalist Mocked on Twitter After Las Vegas Sun Scoops PaperMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:05:09 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A California college is teaming up with Robert Redford to create a program where students can combine environmental studies with media and liberal arts.
RELATED: Foxy over 50
The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that Pitzer College, one of the seven Claremont Colleges, is creating the Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability with a $10 million gift from Nicholas and Susan Pritzker, parents of a Pitzer graduate who support environmental causes.
Redford is a trustee of the college and serves as its special adviser on the environment.
The program's aim is to create environmental communicators and advocates. Its centerpiece will be a 12-acre coastal sage scrub ecosystem, an endangered habitat where students can study problems and come up with solutions.
RELATED: Robert Redford: The entrepreneur
Get out the vote
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite