Reese Witherspoon Hit by Car While Jogging
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: T-rex/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire6 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire7 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire8 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire9 of 16
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News14 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Reese Witherspoon is nursing a quarter-sized gash on her forehead after being hit by a car in Santa Monica, Calif., during a late Wednesday morning jog.
The Oscar-winning actress and avid runner, 35, was struck at an unmarked crosswalk at the intersection of 20th street and Georgina Avenue. The "Walk the Line" star "suffered minor injuries," according to the police report, and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
A witness at the accident site tells Us Weekly: "The driver seemed to have not seen her because of a large tree at the intersection. ... [Reese] was lucky, because it could have been much more serious."
The driver, an 84-year-old woman who lives in Santa Monica, was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Witherspoon was released from the hospital by Wednesday afternoon, and is recovering at the Brentwood-area home in Los Angeles she shares with husband Jim Toth and her kids Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite