Reese Witherspoon: Jennifer Aniston and I 'Make Out'
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: MZA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Todd Oren/RW/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Turgeon/Steffman/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
All the boys just love Jennifer Aniston -- and so does fellow American Sweetheart Reese Witherspoon!
Witherspoon, 36, honored her pal Aniston, 42, at ELLE's 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills on Monday.
Taking the podium to introduce Aniston, the recently remarried "How Do You Know" star looked back on how they became fast friends following her nerve-wracking guest appearance on "Friends" way back in 1999, when she played the frosty, high-maintenance younger sister to Aniston's Rachel Green.
"I just had a baby [daughter Ava, now 12] and I could not stop watching Friends," the Oscar winner confessed. "I was super duper excited y'all!"
The major hitch, once she arrived on set? "In all my enthusiasm, I completely forgot something crucial...I had never been on television [or] in front of a live audience ever in my entire life. And I panicked! I totally froze!"
"I couldn't remember my lines and the writers were yelling ... I just stood there absolutely completely frozen."
Cue huge sitcom star Aniston, who pulled the newbie aside and said "'Hey, are you okay? You're kind of freaking me out!'"
Aniston offered Witherspoon some crucial advice. "[She said], 'You're going to make a mistake and you're going to flip your line and whatever -- and the audience is going to love it,'" Witherspoon recalled. "'Don't try to be perfect, just try to be yourself.'"
"That's the story that sort of captured Jen the best for me," Witherspoon explained on the podium. "On one hand, she is this gorgeous breathtaking beauty that men lose their thought process and their speech patterns [over]," she gushed of the star, now dating Justin Theroux. "I've actually seen this, it's incredible when they see her. And, on the other hand, she is a woman who lets you in."
"There's not that many people actually that have this incredible combination of sex appeal and complete lovabililty," she said of the Horrible Bosses actress. "You just want to get your nails done with her, and you want to make out with her at the same time . . . at least I do!" she cracked.
"First we get our nails done, then we make out!" she joked. "It's totally awesome. That's because she's MY friend, not yours!"
Aniston was appropriately thankful once she accepted her award. "Good Lord, Reese Witherspoon! Wow. I adore you and I thank you for those beautiful words."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite