Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe bring significant others to son's game
- Photo: POER SPOT/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: Danny/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Corbis10 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Digital12 of 13
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
By Us Weekly
One big happy family? Reese Witherspoon and ex-husband Ryan Phillippe reunited at their son Deacon's football game on Saturday, May 18, in Brentwood, Calif. -- but they weren't alone on the sidelines. Witherspoon, 37, was accompanied by CAA agent hubby Jim Toth, while Phillippe, 38, brought on-again girlfriend Paulina Slagter.
Things could have been awkward among the unlikely foursome, but they appeared to make the best of the afternoon together. Both couples stood clustered in a group near the field, cheering on 9-year-old Deacon and his team. Phillippe's ex was even spotted chatting and laughing with his new love, who looked effortlessly cool in black skinny jeans, a T-shirt, and Converse sneakers.
Witherspoon, for her part, was dressed for the occasion in cropped blue jeans, a pink top, and a brown jacket. Her back-to-blonde locks were hidden under a straw hat, and she carried a simple canvas tote bag on her shoulder. At one point, she and Toth separated from Phillippe and Slagter to take a seat in the grass near other spectators.
The "Mud" actress and her ex, whom she met while filming "Cruel Intentions" in the 1990s, married in 1999 and divorced seven years later in 2006. In addition to Deacon, they share daughter Ava, 13. (Witherspoon also has a nearly 8-month-old son, Tennessee, with Toth; Phillippe is dad to 21-month-old Kailani with ex-girlfriend Alexis Knapp.)
In April, after Witherspoon's and Toth's arrests in Atlanta, Ga., the couple's kids stayed with their dad in L.A. while their mom dealt with the fallout from her run-in with the law. A source told Us Weekly at the time that Phillippe was unfazed by the incident and cared only that it didn't hurt their children. "Ryan doesn't care what she does," the insider explained. "It's about the kids."
Indeed, the "Straight A's" actor couldn't help but brag a little about his children when Us caught up with him a recent party. "At 13 and 9," he said proudly, "it's pretty much all milestones."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite