Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe bring significant others to son's game
- Photo: POER SPOT/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: Danny/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Corbis10 of 13
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Digital12 of 13
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- 'Community' Season 6 on Yahoo TV Coming 'After Christmas' and NoMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 9:47:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDT
By Us Weekly
One big happy family? Reese Witherspoon and ex-husband Ryan Phillippe reunited at their son Deacon's football game on Saturday, May 18, in Brentwood, Calif. -- but they weren't alone on the sidelines. Witherspoon, 37, was accompanied by CAA agent hubby Jim Toth, while Phillippe, 38, brought on-again girlfriend Paulina Slagter.
Things could have been awkward among the unlikely foursome, but they appeared to make the best of the afternoon together. Both couples stood clustered in a group near the field, cheering on 9-year-old Deacon and his team. Phillippe's ex was even spotted chatting and laughing with his new love, who looked effortlessly cool in black skinny jeans, a T-shirt, and Converse sneakers.
Witherspoon, for her part, was dressed for the occasion in cropped blue jeans, a pink top, and a brown jacket. Her back-to-blonde locks were hidden under a straw hat, and she carried a simple canvas tote bag on her shoulder. At one point, she and Toth separated from Phillippe and Slagter to take a seat in the grass near other spectators.
The "Mud" actress and her ex, whom she met while filming "Cruel Intentions" in the 1990s, married in 1999 and divorced seven years later in 2006. In addition to Deacon, they share daughter Ava, 13. (Witherspoon also has a nearly 8-month-old son, Tennessee, with Toth; Phillippe is dad to 21-month-old Kailani with ex-girlfriend Alexis Knapp.)
In April, after Witherspoon's and Toth's arrests in Atlanta, Ga., the couple's kids stayed with their dad in L.A. while their mom dealt with the fallout from her run-in with the law. A source told Us Weekly at the time that Phillippe was unfazed by the incident and cared only that it didn't hurt their children. "Ryan doesn't care what she does," the insider explained. "It's about the kids."
Indeed, the "Straight A's" actor couldn't help but brag a little about his children when Us caught up with him a recent party. "At 13 and 9," he said proudly, "it's pretty much all milestones."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite