Reese Witherspoon's parents in bigamy battle
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News5 of 17
- Photo: Pablo//Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: Pablo/Boaz/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: RevolutionPix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Neil Young Shatters Pono Music Kickstarter Goal in One DayMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:41:00 AM
- Biblical Scholar on 'Noah' Script: 'Anti-Human, Pro-Environmental PolemicMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:39:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More Seasons
Reese Witherspoon's parents are locked in a legal battle after the actress' mother accused her husband of bigamy.
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon, known as Betty, filed a lawsuit in Davidson County, Tenn., on Tuesday, alleging the "Legally Blonde" star's father John Witherspoon wed another woman while still married to her.
She claims John exchanged vows with Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 14, and Betty is now seeking to have that union annulled. She also states she is still in love with her husband and doesn't want a divorce, according to The Tennessean.
In an affidavit filed in court, Betty suggests her 70-year-old husband is suffering from dementia because when she confronted him about Taylor he denied knowing her and did "not remember getting married."
She also alleges he attempted to bring Taylor to their famous daughter's wedding to Jim Toth in California last March, but she wasnt allowed in: "The security officers at the wedding refused to let her in because she was not on the guest list."
Betty wants her husband's alleged second marriage to be annulled, she is also asking the court to stop Taylor from removing any of John's assets and to return any vehicles, or other property acquired during the union.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite