Reese Witherspoon's parents in bigamy battle
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News5 of 17
- Photo: Pablo//Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: Pablo/Boaz/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: RevolutionPix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Reese Witherspoon's parents are locked in a legal battle after the actress' mother accused her husband of bigamy.
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon, known as Betty, filed a lawsuit in Davidson County, Tenn., on Tuesday, alleging the "Legally Blonde" star's father John Witherspoon wed another woman while still married to her.
She claims John exchanged vows with Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 14, and Betty is now seeking to have that union annulled. She also states she is still in love with her husband and doesn't want a divorce, according to The Tennessean.
In an affidavit filed in court, Betty suggests her 70-year-old husband is suffering from dementia because when she confronted him about Taylor he denied knowing her and did "not remember getting married."
She also alleges he attempted to bring Taylor to their famous daughter's wedding to Jim Toth in California last March, but she wasnt allowed in: "The security officers at the wedding refused to let her in because she was not on the guest list."
Betty wants her husband's alleged second marriage to be annulled, she is also asking the court to stop Taylor from removing any of John's assets and to return any vehicles, or other property acquired during the union.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite