Reese Witherspoon's parents in bigamy battle
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News5 of 17
- Photo: Pablo//Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: Pablo/Boaz/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: RevolutionPix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'The Good Wife' Review: Legal Drama Ditches the Grief for Dynamic StorytellingMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Jessica Chastain's 'Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Stumbles in SpecialtyMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late Arr
Reese Witherspoon's parents are locked in a legal battle after the actress' mother accused her husband of bigamy.
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon, known as Betty, filed a lawsuit in Davidson County, Tenn., on Tuesday, alleging the "Legally Blonde" star's father John Witherspoon wed another woman while still married to her.
She claims John exchanged vows with Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 14, and Betty is now seeking to have that union annulled. She also states she is still in love with her husband and doesn't want a divorce, according to The Tennessean.
In an affidavit filed in court, Betty suggests her 70-year-old husband is suffering from dementia because when she confronted him about Taylor he denied knowing her and did "not remember getting married."
She also alleges he attempted to bring Taylor to their famous daughter's wedding to Jim Toth in California last March, but she wasnt allowed in: "The security officers at the wedding refused to let her in because she was not on the guest list."
Betty wants her husband's alleged second marriage to be annulled, she is also asking the court to stop Taylor from removing any of John's assets and to return any vehicles, or other property acquired during the union.
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTux by Armani
From Crowd Ignite