Reese Witherspoon's parents in bigamy battle
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News5 of 17
- Photo: Pablo//Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: Pablo/Boaz/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: RevolutionPix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 17
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Reese Witherspoon's parents are locked in a legal battle after the actress' mother accused her husband of bigamy.
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon, known as Betty, filed a lawsuit in Davidson County, Tenn., on Tuesday, alleging the "Legally Blonde" star's father John Witherspoon wed another woman while still married to her.
She claims John exchanged vows with Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 14, and Betty is now seeking to have that union annulled. She also states she is still in love with her husband and doesn't want a divorce, according to The Tennessean.
In an affidavit filed in court, Betty suggests her 70-year-old husband is suffering from dementia because when she confronted him about Taylor he denied knowing her and did "not remember getting married."
She also alleges he attempted to bring Taylor to their famous daughter's wedding to Jim Toth in California last March, but she wasnt allowed in: "The security officers at the wedding refused to let her in because she was not on the guest list."
Betty wants her husband's alleged second marriage to be annulled, she is also asking the court to stop Taylor from removing any of John's assets and to return any vehicles, or other property acquired during the union.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite