Refaeli thankful for brief split from DiCaprioRelated: Leonardo DiCaprio, Bar Refaeli
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP2 of 10
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking OdeMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 6:30:49 PM
- Deals: Weinstein's RADiUS Buys 'Blue Ruin' After Cannes Premiere MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 4:58:13 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking Ode
Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli credits her six month split from on/off boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio last year with saving their romance. She says their time apart forced her to "grow up" and learn about herself.
Refaeli has been romantically involved with DiCaprio since 2005 but they parted briefly last summer before reuniting again by the end of the year.
The model admits she was devastated by the relationship breakdown and went through a "tough time" dealing with her emotions, but says the time apart proved to be key to their chemistry when they eventually got back together.
"It was half a year for which I am very grateful. I needed it. I came to understand a lot of things about myself," the 24-year-old tells Israel's L'Isha magazine.
"I worked on myself (and) I grew up. I didn't know what alone was like. Today I know that a relationship can work only if you know you can be alone and you are not afraid. Today I'm not afraid of being alone."
RELATED: See more pics of Bar Refaeli
While their romance is still going strong, the couple recently dismissed engagement rumors.
"I'm not thinking about getting married," Refaeli said. "I'm still young, not yet 25."
RELATED VIDEO: Refaeli opens up about DiCaprio split
But she's still supportive of everything the "Titanic" hunk does -- even though she rarely walks the red carpet at high profile events with him: "I am there for him and I am at all the events. I just don't walk in hand-in-hand with him. I don't see any reason. I don't need to strike poses with him in front of the cameras."
RELATED: More Leonardo DiCaprio pics
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite