Jeremy Renner fears 'Bourne' role will wreck his life
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ISAAC BREKKEN/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
"The Hurt Locker" star has landed the lead role in upcoming blockbuster "The Bourne Legacy," the first film in the franchise not to star Damon, and Renner admits he had many sober talks with his agent before he committed to the role, because he realized his simple life would be changed forever on opening weekend.
Renner tells Entertainment Weekly, "This offer wasn't about a movie, this was about a life choice.
"In (new movie) Mission (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol), it's a Tom Cruise movie. (Superhero film) The Avengers is ensemble-y, but it's (Bourne) is a game changer.
"I thought, 'This is going to affect how I walk down the street. It's going to affect what happens when I go into a restaurant.' I can't even believe I'm saying this, but is this going to affect the next 20 years of my life?
"As an artist, am I putting a nail in the coffin of my artistic sensibility?"
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite