Jeremy Renner fears 'Bourne' role will wreck his life
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ISAAC BREKKEN/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
"The Hurt Locker" star has landed the lead role in upcoming blockbuster "The Bourne Legacy," the first film in the franchise not to star Damon, and Renner admits he had many sober talks with his agent before he committed to the role, because he realized his simple life would be changed forever on opening weekend.
Renner tells Entertainment Weekly, "This offer wasn't about a movie, this was about a life choice.
"In (new movie) Mission (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol), it's a Tom Cruise movie. (Superhero film) The Avengers is ensemble-y, but it's (Bourne) is a game changer.
"I thought, 'This is going to affect how I walk down the street. It's going to affect what happens when I go into a restaurant.' I can't even believe I'm saying this, but is this going to affect the next 20 years of my life?
"As an artist, am I putting a nail in the coffin of my artistic sensibility?"
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite