Report: Britney Spears helps Mel Gibson through tough times
- Photo: Fame Pictures1 of 6
- Photo: F Lheritier / Starface/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures4 of 6
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
It looks like Whoopi Goldberg and Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife Robyn are finally getting some company on the otherwise under-populated Team Mel tip.
A source close to Britney Spears tells In Touch Weekly that the singer has been tight with Gibson ever since she confided in him during her breakdown a few years back. Now, she's apparently trying to return the favor by letting him confide in her as he fears for his career and his own sanity.
RELATED: Mel's rants & more celebs gone viral
"Mel has been talking to her a lot,” a friend of Spears' tells the magazine. "They speak on the phone all the time, usually late at night."
According to the report, Gibson is worried that his career will never recover from the slew of negative press surrounding the tapes that ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva leaked, in which the actor can allegedly be heard making violent threats about murder, arson and various acts of violence.
RELATED: More Britney pics
"Mel was one of the only people who reached out to help Britney when she was at her lowest point, and she believes that demonstrates what a loving and wonderful man he is," the source adds. "She wants people to give him a second chance, just like he gave her one when everyone else turned away."
RELATED: 5 ways Mel can save his career
The latest Mel Gibson audio leak involves a phone conversation in which Grigorieva accuses Gibson of hitting her while she held their infant, to which he allegedly replies that she needs "a kick in the [expletive]," before adding "I want my child, and no one will believe you."
The pair began battling out their differences in court this week.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite