Report: Felony grand theft charges planned in Lohan jewelry investigationRelated: Lindsay Lohan
- Photo: WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures2 of 7
- Photo: Pool/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Warns Earthlings to Surrender SupermanMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:25:07 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory,' 'American Horror Story' Lead Critics&aposMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:00:16 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Liberace Lights Up the HomestretchMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 5:48:14 AM
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing with the StarsMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:25:06 PM
- The Wit & Wisdom of 'Modern Family's Gloria Delgado-PritchettMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 7:49:00 PM
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Warns Earthlings to Surrender Superman
Lindsay Lohan will reportedly be charged with felony grand theft in the investigation of her connection to a $2,500 necklace that was reported missing from a jewelry store near her home, TMZ reported on Saturday.
RELATED: Celeb Mug Shot Wall of Shame
The actress was caught on surveillance tape wearing the necklace on Jan. 22, and the Los Angeles Police Department began investigating Lohan's involvement in its disappearance on Feb. 2, when they obtained a warrant to search her home in Venice, Calif. Before police entered her home, an associate of Lohan's turned the necklace in to authorities, according to the Associated Press.
Lohan has reportedly said that her stylist loaned her the necklace and forgot to return it on time. The stylist apparently turned it in to the police, although the LAPD has not confirmed who returned it.
Photos taken a week after Kamofie & Co. reported the necklace stolen seem to show Lohan wearing a gold chain that looks very much like the one that went missing.
On Saturday, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office issued a statement clarifying that no decision had been made about whether to charge Lohan. But TMZ says her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, has been informed that a felony grand theft charge is forthcoming, possibly as early as Monday, and broke the news to Lindsay Friday night. If convicted, LiLo could face up to three years in state prison.
Holley said in a statement on Saturday that Lindsay did not steal the necklace and that if charges are filed against her client, she will fight them, according to the Associated Press.
Lohan remains on probation following a DUI incident in Beverly Hills in 2007. She is also under investigation over allegedly attacking a worker at the Betty Ford Center while she was being treated there for addiction.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite