Report: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem Welcome a Baby Boy!
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin1 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Marianno Scandurra/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- NBC's 'Sound of Music Live': Hollywood's Best ReactionsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:00:00 PM
- Oprah Winfrey Says Goodbye to Nelson Mandela: 'My Hero' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:01:17 PM
- Paul Walker Death: Man Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Part of Wrecked PorscheMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 8:29:13 PM
- 'Shahs of Sunset's' Gay Catfight Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:07:01 PM
- Amanda Seyfried to Star in Will Ferrell-Produced Comedy 'He's F-ing Perfect&apMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:49:07 PM
- NBC's 'Sound of Music Live': Hollywood's Best Reactions
According to Spanish newspaper El Pais, the infant was born at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles; Spanish magazine Hola broke news of the baby's gender. Hola also reports that members of the couple's family flew in from Spain for the birth: Cruz's mother, brother and sister, plus Bardem's mother.
A spokeswoman for the actress confirmed Wednesday that Cruz gave birth to a boy last week. She says "both parents and baby are doing great." She provided no other details.
The couple were married at the beginning of July in the Bahamas.
Cruz, 36, first debuted her baby bump while shooting "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in Puerto Rico last September -- just two months after she secretly tied the knot with Bardem, her "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" co-star.
"He's a friend and the best actor in the world," Cruz has said of Bardem, 41.
More on Wonderwall:
Miranda Kerr promotes breast-feeding on her website
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite