Report: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem Welcome a Baby Boy!
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin1 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Marianno Scandurra/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
According to Spanish newspaper El Pais, the infant was born at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles; Spanish magazine Hola broke news of the baby's gender. Hola also reports that members of the couple's family flew in from Spain for the birth: Cruz's mother, brother and sister, plus Bardem's mother.
A spokeswoman for the actress confirmed Wednesday that Cruz gave birth to a boy last week. She says "both parents and baby are doing great." She provided no other details.
The couple were married at the beginning of July in the Bahamas.
Cruz, 36, first debuted her baby bump while shooting "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in Puerto Rico last September -- just two months after she secretly tied the knot with Bardem, her "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" co-star.
"He's a friend and the best actor in the world," Cruz has said of Bardem, 41.
More on Wonderwall:
Miranda Kerr promotes breast-feeding on her website
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYear in Romance
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite