Report: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem Welcome a Baby Boy!
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin1 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Marianno Scandurra/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
According to Spanish newspaper El Pais, the infant was born at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles; Spanish magazine Hola broke news of the baby's gender. Hola also reports that members of the couple's family flew in from Spain for the birth: Cruz's mother, brother and sister, plus Bardem's mother.
A spokeswoman for the actress confirmed Wednesday that Cruz gave birth to a boy last week. She says "both parents and baby are doing great." She provided no other details.
The couple were married at the beginning of July in the Bahamas.
Cruz, 36, first debuted her baby bump while shooting "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in Puerto Rico last September -- just two months after she secretly tied the knot with Bardem, her "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" co-star.
"He's a friend and the best actor in the world," Cruz has said of Bardem, 41.
More on Wonderwall:
Miranda Kerr promotes breast-feeding on her website
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite