Report: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem Welcome a Baby Boy!
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin1 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Marianno Scandurra/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Anthony Anderson Eats America for Food NetworkMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:49:00 AM
- The Twin Girls From 'The Shining' Went to the Stanley Kubrick Museum and Took AmazMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Anthony Anderson Eats America for Food Network
According to Spanish newspaper El Pais, the infant was born at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles; Spanish magazine Hola broke news of the baby's gender. Hola also reports that members of the couple's family flew in from Spain for the birth: Cruz's mother, brother and sister, plus Bardem's mother.
A spokeswoman for the actress confirmed Wednesday that Cruz gave birth to a boy last week. She says "both parents and baby are doing great." She provided no other details.
The couple were married at the beginning of July in the Bahamas.
Cruz, 36, first debuted her baby bump while shooting "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in Puerto Rico last September -- just two months after she secretly tied the knot with Bardem, her "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" co-star.
"He's a friend and the best actor in the world," Cruz has said of Bardem, 41.
More on Wonderwall:
Miranda Kerr promotes breast-feeding on her website
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite