Steve Martin, 67, becomes first-time dad
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: CHERYL GERBER/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: PS3/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Axel Schmidt/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: JM11/Joseph Marzullo/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Mazel tov, Steve Martin! After Page Six reported (via sources) that the 67-year-old actor, author and musician recently became a first-time dad with wife Anne Stringfield, his rep confirms the happy news to Us Weekly. "We can confirm that Steve Martin and his wife are new parents and recently welcomed a child," the rep tells Us in a statement.
According to the Post, the "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" star and Stringfield, 41, were recently spotted near their Los Angeles home with their newborn baby -- whose gender and name have yet to be revealed. Says an insider to Page Six: "They've had a baby, and how they kept it a secret nobody knows. ... Steve's very private."
Actor, comedian, novelist and musician Martin divorced first wife, actress Victoria Tennant, in 1994 after eight years of marriage. He quietly wed Stringer -- a writer and former New Yorker editor -- in July 2007 at his Los Angeles home in a surprise ceremony officiated by former Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey. "Saturday Night Live" creator Lorne Michaels was best man, and other celeb guests included Tom Hanks, Carl Reiner and Eugene Levy.
Of the new bundle of joy, Martin and Stringfield "are thrilled," the source tells Page Six. "They worked hard to have the baby." Martin's rep could not be reached for comment.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHit or Miss?
From Crowd Ignite