Rihanna's 'Battleship' Trainer: She's a Rad Chick
- Photo: © Russ Elliot / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 11
- Photo: Koki Nagahama/GettyImages.com2 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: http://www.facebook.com/rihanna/.7 of 11
- Photo: http://www.facebook.com/rihanna/.8 of 11
- Photo: http://www.facebook.com/rihanna/.9 of 11
- Photo: http://www.facebook.com/rihanna/.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
By Lisa Ingrassia
For her feature film debut, Rihanna chose a role that was not too hard for her to identity with: a tough chick with an attitude. But in order to accurately portray Petty Officer 2nd Class Cora Raikes in "Battleship," director Peter Berg brought in a real-life version of her character, Jacqueline Carrizosa, a former 2nd class gunner's mate working on the USS Ronald Reagan.
"She's a pretty rad chick," Carrizosa tells Wonderwall of her experience working with the superstar prior to filming. "She's aggressive, and she says how she feels."
Tasked with teaching Rihanna how to operate machine guns like the ones used on the USS Missouri, where parts of the movie were filmed, Carrizosa spent several days educating the star. "We went over postures and how she should carry herself, and what mindset she should have," Carrizosa says. "She can be sarcastic and badass, but you still have to maintain professionalism -- and that makes you even more badass, because you're within the rules."
RELATED: Rihanna's Bikini Style
When she saw the film, Carrizosa knew Rihanna had been a good student. "I watched everything about her -- the way her legs moved," she says. "She did an awesome job."
One thing that took a while for RiRi to pick up? Playing soccer -- a skill she needed to hone for a scene in the beginning of the film. "When she tried to kick the ball for the first time during soccer, she missed it. That was probably one of the funniest things. I've never seen that before," Carrizosa quipped. "But she got it down."
Get out the vote
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite