Risque Julianne Moore billboard banned in Venice
- Photo: Anna Carnochan/Retna Ltd.1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Gregory Bull/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
A billboard featuring Julianne Moore posing naked for a fashion campaign has been banned by officials in Venice, Italy after it was deemed "inappropriate."
The "Far From Heaven" star stripped down to nothing for a recent shoot for Bulgari handbags and plans were in place to erect a promotional poster in the city's famous St. Mark's Square.
But Venice's recently elected mayor, Giorgio Orsoni, deemed the picture, which shows Moore posing with only a handbag protecting her modesty, too risque.
He says, "An advertisement showing a nude woman on a divan is not appropriate for St Mark's Square."
RELATED: Top 12 Hottest Redheads
The billboard will instead show less racy images of the actress fully dressed and modeling Bulgari jewelery, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite