Guy Ritchie doesn't regret Madonna marriage
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: M. Caulfield/ WENN/ (inset) AP/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital6 of 15
- Photo: Tom Munro/Harper's Bazaar7 of 15
- Photo: Tom Munro/Harper's Bazaar8 of 15
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Filmmaker Guy Ritchie has opened up about his failed marriage to Madonna, saying he doesn't regret his time with the pop superstar even though his life played out like a soap opera while they were together.
Madonna and Ritchie ended their eight-year union in 2008, and they have since moved on to find love with new partners, Brahim Zaibat and Jacqui Ainsley, respectively.
However, the "Sherlock Holmes" director says he'd never take back those precious years with the pop star because he was given two special gifts: biological son Rocco, now 11, and the couple's adopted son David, 6.
He tells Details magazine, "I enjoyed my first marriage. It's definitely not something I regret. The experience was ultimately very positive. I love the kids that came out of it, and I could see no other route to take. But you move on, don't you?"
But he admits the marriage had its challenging moments. "I stepped into a soap opera, and I lived in it for quite a long time. I'll probably be more eloquent on it 10 years from now," he said.
And although the two eventually parted ways, Richie admits he's learned a lot from his time with Madonna.
He adds, "When you end up with a lot of the things you set to out to chase and find that you've stumbled into all sorts of hollow victories, then you become deeply philosophical. I'm quite happy that that experience was accelerated for me. I'm glad I made money, in other words. And I'm glad I got married."
Ritchie recently added to his family: His model partner, Ainsley, gave birth to a baby boy in London in September.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite