Guy Ritchie doesn't regret Madonna marriage
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: M. Caulfield/ WENN/ (inset) AP/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital6 of 15
- Photo: Tom Munro/Harper's Bazaar7 of 15
- Photo: Tom Munro/Harper's Bazaar8 of 15
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
Filmmaker Guy Ritchie has opened up about his failed marriage to Madonna, saying he doesn't regret his time with the pop superstar even though his life played out like a soap opera while they were together.
Madonna and Ritchie ended their eight-year union in 2008, and they have since moved on to find love with new partners, Brahim Zaibat and Jacqui Ainsley, respectively.
However, the "Sherlock Holmes" director says he'd never take back those precious years with the pop star because he was given two special gifts: biological son Rocco, now 11, and the couple's adopted son David, 6.
He tells Details magazine, "I enjoyed my first marriage. It's definitely not something I regret. The experience was ultimately very positive. I love the kids that came out of it, and I could see no other route to take. But you move on, don't you?"
But he admits the marriage had its challenging moments. "I stepped into a soap opera, and I lived in it for quite a long time. I'll probably be more eloquent on it 10 years from now," he said.
And although the two eventually parted ways, Richie admits he's learned a lot from his time with Madonna.
He adds, "When you end up with a lot of the things you set to out to chase and find that you've stumbled into all sorts of hollow victories, then you become deeply philosophical. I'm quite happy that that experience was accelerated for me. I'm glad I made money, in other words. And I'm glad I got married."
Ritchie recently added to his family: His model partner, Ainsley, gave birth to a baby boy in London in September.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite