Guy Ritchie doesn't regret Madonna marriage
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: M. Caulfield/ WENN/ (inset) AP/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital6 of 15
- Photo: Tom Munro/Harper's Bazaar7 of 15
- Photo: Tom Munro/Harper's Bazaar8 of 15
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- E! Remembers Joan Rivers and Her Favorite 'Fashion Police' Targets: Kardashians, RMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 8:15:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- E! Remembers Joan Rivers and Her Favorite 'Fashion Police' Targets: Kardashians, R
Filmmaker Guy Ritchie has opened up about his failed marriage to Madonna, saying he doesn't regret his time with the pop superstar even though his life played out like a soap opera while they were together.
Madonna and Ritchie ended their eight-year union in 2008, and they have since moved on to find love with new partners, Brahim Zaibat and Jacqui Ainsley, respectively.
However, the "Sherlock Holmes" director says he'd never take back those precious years with the pop star because he was given two special gifts: biological son Rocco, now 11, and the couple's adopted son David, 6.
He tells Details magazine, "I enjoyed my first marriage. It's definitely not something I regret. The experience was ultimately very positive. I love the kids that came out of it, and I could see no other route to take. But you move on, don't you?"
But he admits the marriage had its challenging moments. "I stepped into a soap opera, and I lived in it for quite a long time. I'll probably be more eloquent on it 10 years from now," he said.
And although the two eventually parted ways, Richie admits he's learned a lot from his time with Madonna.
He adds, "When you end up with a lot of the things you set to out to chase and find that you've stumbled into all sorts of hollow victories, then you become deeply philosophical. I'm quite happy that that experience was accelerated for me. I'm glad I made money, in other words. And I'm glad I got married."
Ritchie recently added to his family: His model partner, Ainsley, gave birth to a baby boy in London in September.
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite