Rob Pattinson Defends Kristen Stewart in 'Rape' Comment ScandalRelated: Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Denis Poroy/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Summitt Entertainment/Promotional4 of 9
- Photo: R Chiang/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: Kimberley French/Summit Entertainment/Promotional7 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
Stewart was recently excoriated for an interview with Britain's Elle, in which she likened her encounters with paparazzi to "being raped." After associations like RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) blasted the actress, 20, she issued an apology.
"None of those associations came out and gave a statement [criticizing Kristen] without being called upon by the media first," Pattinson snipes to Entertainment Weekly.
"That whole system of Internet journalists, where no one is called to account, is almost entirely about hate. All these people get away with doing it because they have no responsibility to anyone."
With Stewart by his side during in the interview, the 24-year-old Brit adds angrily, "There are so many little nerds behind their computers, on their little blogs."
After Pattinson's rant, Stewart muses: "see, if I said that? Crucifixion. You can say so much more than me. It's insane ... you could say, 'I just took a s--- on the Queen's face,' and people would be like, 'Oh, I love him! I love him!'"
Earlier in the sit-down, the actress says of the "rape" brouhaha, "I'm so sensitive about stuff like that ... I used the wrong word. I should have said 'violated.'"
"I probably shouldn't say this," she quips, "but I just feel like people got so excited once they saw that it was me. It was like, 'Sweet! Let's get her!' ... For the people to exploit it under the guise of being morally upstanding is disgusting -- and it embarrassed me because I was a part of it."
More from Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite