Robert Downey Jr. comforts a crying 'Iron Man' superfan
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Aldo Verretti/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Young/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 nomsMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:35:05 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 noms
By Katie Mathewson
What's the matter -- a billionaire genius isn't cool enough?
While most of us would kill to meet Robert Downey Jr., 1 1/2-year-old Jaxson Denno was so disappointed upon learning that the actor wasn't Iron Man in real life, he broke down in tears. Why? Because the superfan wanted nothing more than to meet his big-screen hero.
It's not Robert Downey Jr.'s fault -- he was in Western Massachusetts filming "The Judge," so naturally, he was without his iconic suit. So when the tot and his parents ran into the actor, we can kinda see why the tears came after Jaxson looked up and saw nothing more than a 48-year-old man with brown hair and a five o'clock shadow.
Jaxson's mom, Heather Denno, said: "He was fine as soon as he talked to him ... [Jaxson] was so confused because I kept telling him it was Iron Man and he knew it wasn't. Well, not Iron Man in the suit." Never fear, the heroic Robert Downey Jr. saved the day and comforted the tot, as we can see in this sad -- and adorable -- picture taken by his mom.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite