Robert Downey Jr. to be a working dad
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com3 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 17
- Photo: Vinnie Zuffante/GettyImages.com6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: LAPD/Pacific Coast News9 of 17
- Photo: AB5/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Robert Downey, Jr. has no plans to take time off from movie-making when he becomes a father again next year, insisting he "can't see that happening" in the near future.
The actor's wife, Susan Downey, is pregnant with their first child, a half-sibling for the "Iron Man" star's son, Indio, from his first marriage to actress Deborah Falconer.
The baby is due in February, but with his busy schedule, Downey, 46, admits he'll be a working father for the youngster's early years.
He tells Britain's Live magazine, "It's funny. I used to say that I'd welcome a bullet to the forehead if I ever ended up as a 40-something, remarried, marketable, big-action movie dad living in a cozy cul-de-sac in suburban L.A. Now I am that guy."
RELATED: Favorite Pop Culture Dads
"It just goes to show that I usually don't know what's good for me in life. But I'm getting better at knowing that stuff. I don't need to rub against the grain nearly as much as I used to. I'm 46 now, so the countdown to my half-century has begun. I'd have to be completely deranged not to stress about that."
RELATED: Brad Pitt, Super Dad
"Life is good. With a new baby on the way, maybe I ought to think about slowing down a little. But I can't see that happening in the short term."
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite