Robert Pattinson: 'In some ways' happy to say goodbye to 'Twilight'Related: Celeb Spotlight, Robert Pattinson
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG3 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Jessica Wedemeyer
As the "Twilight" saga nears its inevitable conclusion, Twi-hards around the globe are both mourning and celebrating the moment they'll finally bid adieu to Edward and Bella. On the one hand, fans will finally watch the epic love story reach its climax, but on the other, after "Breaking Dawn – Part 2" hits theaters, there'll be no more story left to tell.
While some struggle with their mixed emotions, there's one important person for whom the end of "Twilight" is more sweet than bitter: Robert Pattinson, who admitted at a Los Angeles press conference on Nov. 1 that "in some ways" he's glad the whole thing is finally over.
"As an actor, I think it's scary," Rob said of the pop-culture phenomenon that made him a household name. "You really, really feel like you have no control. It's a huge juggernaut, especially when something becomes part of the cultural landscape in a way."
"It's really scary 'cause you get trapped and you get scared of changing, which is what needs to happen if you want to be any kind of artist," he added.
In addition to putting to bed the "Twilight" series, Rob expressed his desire to take a significant step away from the limelight.
"I think if I could get any semblance of not really anonymity [but] maybe if I had a little more control over my public image, I guess that would be nice," he said.
The actor says his fans can expect more indie fare along the lines of his recent films "Cosmopolis" and "Bel Ami" to dot his résumé in the coming years. One type of project the teen heartthrob isn't interested in tackling again anytime soon: another tent-pole franchise.
Explained the actor, "When something becomes so big [that] people start referring to something as a 'franchise' -- a franchise is a Burger King or a Subway; it's not a movie. The people who start to say it generally are the people who are making money off it. They love it when something becomes a franchise."
Well, considering he's already a multi-millionaire at age 26, we're not too surprised to hear Rob's not concerned about bringing home the next blockbuster paycheck!
RELATED: Richest Stars Under 30
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite