Roberts is a 'practicing Hindu'
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Justin Lubin/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- 'One Tree Hill's' Robert Buckley Joins CW Pilot 'iZombie&apoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Paramount to Honor Oracle Co-Founder Larry Ellison at Gala Benefiting Cancer Research at USCMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Exclusive: The Blacklist Casts Tom's "Brother" MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Black Sails: Is Billy Dead?MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:28:00 PM
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-
Julia Roberts has converted to Hinduism after discovering all about the religion while filming new movie "Eat, Pray, Love" in India.
The "Pretty Woman" actress stars in the big screen adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert's travel memoir, which sees her travel to India as part of a spiritual pilgrimage to learn about yoga, meditation and life in an ashram.
Roberts, whose parents are Baptist and Catholic, was so captivated by the ancient religion, she experienced her own spiritual awakening during the shoot.
She tells Elle magazine, "I'm definitely a practicing Hindu."
RELATED: More Julia Roberts pics
The actress reveals she regularly goes to temple to "chant, pray and celebrate" and even takes her husband Danny Moder and their three kids, 3-year-old Henry and 5-year-old twins Phinnaeus and Hazel, with her.
Roberts has also adopted the belief in reincarnation and she hopes her next life will be a "quiet" one.
She says, "Golly, I've been so spoiled with my friends and family in this life. Next time I want to be just something quiet and supporting."
From Crowd Ignite