Rosario Dawson was a virgin until she was 20 years old
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Mario Santoro/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Larry French/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Ron Sachs/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Rosario Dawson has no problem getting personal. During a discussion about her 1995 film "Kids" -- the very first film she ever made -- the 34-year-old actress revealed what age she lost her virginity in real life.
"I got spotted on the street. I auditioned. I worked on it for four days," Dawson recalled of the film to HuffPost Live on Oct. 1. At just 15, Dawson acted in the controversial Larry Clark film that centered on New York teenagers (at least one of them knowingly HIV-positive) doing drugs and having unprotected sex. But, as Dawson pointed out, her character Ruby wasn't someone she could relate to at the time.
"I didn't even have sex until I was 20," the star admitted. "My mom was a teenage mom, I was deathly afraid of being a teenage mom."
And as for the film's uncomfortable sex scenes, it surprisingly didn't alarm her parents one bit! "With all the insanity that my character goes through, the only thing they cared about was not smoking," she joked.
Though the stunning actress didn't mind sharing her sexual awakening, Dawson would later down the road keep tight-lipped about several of her romances after the mid-90s project. The actress was briefly linked to Joshua Jackson in 2002 and split from French DJ Mathieu Schreyer in 2011 after three years together. She would later date Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle for eight months before splitting in December 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Flop?
From Crowd Ignite