Rosario Dawson was a virgin until she was 20 years old
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Mario Santoro/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Larry French/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Ron Sachs/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Pantelion Films Taps Auri Maruri as Director of Production and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:06:00 AM
- 'House of Cards' Ben Daniels Joins Starz Drama 'Flesh and Bone'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:05:00 AM
- Chase Carey Calls Fox TV Ratings 'A Little Disappointing'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:01:00 AM
- Spike Lee to attend Roger Ebert film festivalMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 10:48:14 AM
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+
Rosario Dawson has no problem getting personal. During a discussion about her 1995 film "Kids" -- the very first film she ever made -- the 34-year-old actress revealed what age she lost her virginity in real life.
"I got spotted on the street. I auditioned. I worked on it for four days," Dawson recalled of the film to HuffPost Live on Oct. 1. At just 15, Dawson acted in the controversial Larry Clark film that centered on New York teenagers (at least one of them knowingly HIV-positive) doing drugs and having unprotected sex. But, as Dawson pointed out, her character Ruby wasn't someone she could relate to at the time.
"I didn't even have sex until I was 20," the star admitted. "My mom was a teenage mom, I was deathly afraid of being a teenage mom."
And as for the film's uncomfortable sex scenes, it surprisingly didn't alarm her parents one bit! "With all the insanity that my character goes through, the only thing they cared about was not smoking," she joked.
Though the stunning actress didn't mind sharing her sexual awakening, Dawson would later down the road keep tight-lipped about several of her romances after the mid-90s project. The actress was briefly linked to Joshua Jackson in 2002 and split from French DJ Mathieu Schreyer in 2011 after three years together. She would later date Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle for eight months before splitting in December 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite