Rosario Dawson was a virgin until she was 20 years old
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Mario Santoro/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Larry French/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Ron Sachs/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Rosario Dawson has no problem getting personal. During a discussion about her 1995 film "Kids" -- the very first film she ever made -- the 34-year-old actress revealed what age she lost her virginity in real life.
"I got spotted on the street. I auditioned. I worked on it for four days," Dawson recalled of the film to HuffPost Live on Oct. 1. At just 15, Dawson acted in the controversial Larry Clark film that centered on New York teenagers (at least one of them knowingly HIV-positive) doing drugs and having unprotected sex. But, as Dawson pointed out, her character Ruby wasn't someone she could relate to at the time.
"I didn't even have sex until I was 20," the star admitted. "My mom was a teenage mom, I was deathly afraid of being a teenage mom."
And as for the film's uncomfortable sex scenes, it surprisingly didn't alarm her parents one bit! "With all the insanity that my character goes through, the only thing they cared about was not smoking," she joked.
Though the stunning actress didn't mind sharing her sexual awakening, Dawson would later down the road keep tight-lipped about several of her romances after the mid-90s project. The actress was briefly linked to Joshua Jackson in 2002 and split from French DJ Mathieu Schreyer in 2011 after three years together. She would later date Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle for eight months before splitting in December 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite