Russell Brand Admits to 'Epic Promiscuity' Before Katy PerryRelated: Russell Brand
- Photo: Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: DSDD/MDAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
Russell Brand is a happily married man nowadays. But before he fell in love with Katy Perry in fall 2009, marrying her about a year later, the wacky British star was anything but a one-girl guy.
RELATED: Read the full story on Elle
Brand, 35, admits to "epic promiscuity" in the April issue of Elle magazine.
"A friend of mine once said, 'You are devoted to your lover of a thousand faces ... If she's not there, you must call her, for you have to see her … three, four times a day -- making love with your lover of a thousand faces,'" the "Arthur" star says in the interview.
"That's how he described my epic promiscuity. I was just as committed then to seduction as I am now committed to monogamy."
That kind of sleeping around screeched to a halt when he met "ET" singer Perry, 26, at the MTV Video Music Awards in September 2009.
Brand fell hard. "I nearly asked her to marry me on our first date. It was like a hit of acid, a wave of confusion, emerging from under the water, a moment of Oh bloody hell, different perception for a moment, extraordinary," he gushes. "And then I thought, I'll give it space and see what happens."
They wed in a lavish ceremony on a tiger reserve in India in October 2010. But ever since that elaborate beginning, he says, "It's the most normal relationship I've ever had with anybody. She's very spirited, bighearted, innocent, but very, very smart. Someone told me that enlightenment is contingent upon being able to hold opposing views simultaneously. I'm actually attracted to that magnetism and sort of repulsion. She's endlessly fascinating ... I was at a point in my life where I was ready to behave. I look at it the way I look at most things: One day at a time. I will say it's very, very rewarding and I love her."
Another remnant from Brand's wild past: His struggle with alcoholism. Brand faced that head-on as he played a very not-sober alcoholic in "Arthur," a remake of the Dudley Moore classic.
"It was very strange," he admits. To get into character but remain sober on set, "I kept little plastic bottles of booze around the set that I'd smell before each take. That really helped me because I've got huge emotional resources to call upon."
MORE ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite